1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a discount code.
3. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can help you save a lot of time and energy.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.