1. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.