1. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
2. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
3. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and not one of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your money.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.