1. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's visiting you fairly!