1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
3. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.