1. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
3. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.