1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.