1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you opt for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.