1. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
2. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you the most money.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.