1. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.