1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.