1. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.