1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
4. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.