1. If a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
2. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.