1. If you are intending to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.