1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.