1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.