1. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet can be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
2. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. When shopping for a certain item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.