1. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
3. If you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.