1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.