1. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.