1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
3. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.