1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
2. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.