1. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
5. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.