1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
3. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
5. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.