1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.