1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
5. In case a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a coupon code.