1. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
4. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with some searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.