1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
3. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the primary site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
5. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.