1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
2. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
4. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always top-notch and up to date. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers along with other shady types who try to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.