1. When you shop online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. Be wary of the emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
5. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.