1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
2. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your money.
3. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.