1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about it. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.