1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.