1. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.