1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. Call the web company prior to making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
4. If you want to save cash on the products you purchase online and want to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals if you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.