1. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a wide swerve.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.