1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a promotion code.