1. If you're concerned about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about it. The internet may be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the client service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
3. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.