1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to discover other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.