1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
3. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings to suit your needs as you may obtain a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.