1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are choosing a site to purchase from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your bank card information, try to find another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.