1. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation being a seller.
2. When you shop online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.