1. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose one that will save you as much as possible.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.