1. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on the items and in case there are free freight options open to you.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.