1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
3. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation being a seller.
5. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.