1. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. While shopping online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking at the site that you will be considering buying from. You will find information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you getting the products you probably did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
5. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.