1. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
3. If you find an excellent product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.