1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.