1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.