1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
4. Before you start your online shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.