1. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. If you are going to get doing some online shopping, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.