1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Call the web company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all this information to choose if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, as well as your area before you place an order.
5. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.