1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.