1. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research regarding it. The internet can be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the customer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.