1. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
4. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
5. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.